CLICK THE IMAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR PAYMENT AND PICKUP OPTIONS!!!
NEW: We will be at the Downtown and East Vancouver farmers market all summer! Stop by to try a single portion, or order a sharebox here, pick it up at the Farmers market! We are sharing a booth with Kenai Red Fish Company, so come one by and try some fish direct from the fisherman!
Here’s how our CSF works: You order the amount of Albacore (or shares) you want, and decide when you want it. Then we go out and catch it, process it, and deliver it to you on the date or dates of your choosing, year-round…. Better for you (the consumer) and for us (your local fisherman)!
What we are trying to provide is a year round, healthy, local food source for the PNW. This is what our 'Annual Membership' is all about. Our annual members order 4 boxes up front, that will typically be picked up quarterly throughout the year. Each box has enough portions to feed two people roughly twice per week. This way, right about when you are running out of day boat tuna, you can come pick up your next box. By ordering in bulk and in advance like this, we are able to offer the full membership at a reduced price compared to an individual box! This will save you $10 per box, and $40 for the year. This year (by popular demand), we are expanding our annual membership to simply mean ordering 4 boxes for the year, to simplify the pick up process. Won't be around for one pick up? No problem, just take two at another event!
Our individual share box consists of 10 lbs of day boat albacore tuna loins. These are the best Albacore loins available.... Caught and processed within 48 hrs, individually vacuum packaged and quickly frozen to provide the highest quality product for you and your family all year! Individual portions typically run 1/2-1 1/2 pounds each, providing easy meal prep for 2-3 people. The price is $14/lb ($140 per box), which is typically $2-3 less than normal retail. All of our main pickups will be held at Wilder Land and Sea, at the corner of SE 7th and Salmon in SE portland.
Pickups Options (select at checkout by clicking image below):
- July 19, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- July 26, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- August 2, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- August 9, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- August 16, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- August 23, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- August 30, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- September 6, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- September 13, 2018 East Vancouver Farmers Market, SE Vancouver (10-2 PM)
- July 28, 2018- Pickup at the Wilder Land and Sea, SE Portland (2-4 PM)
- October 20, 2018- Pickup at Wilder land and Sea, SE Portland (2-4 PM)
- January 19, 2019- Pickup at Wilder Land and Sea, SE Portland (2-4 PM)
- April 27, 2019- Pickup at Wilder Land and Sea, SE Portland (2-4 PM)
- HOLIDAY POP-UP! --To Be Announced
- 2019 CSA Share Fair--To Be Announced
We will be adding pickups and tastings at different events throughout the summer and fall, sign up for our NEWSLETTER and keep your eyes out for us on instagram (@dayboattuna) and for emails to see when/where else you can try the best albacore available.
When ordering here, a 50% deposit will be taken (with some options, payment must be in full). This is an important part of the CSF idea. This deposit can be used before the season to make improvements and repairs to our boat and facility, helping to relieve the large financial pre-season burden that is inherent in commercial fishing. In return, we will be even better equipped to bring you the freshest and most sustainably caught seafood possible! The balance will be paid when you come to pick up the fish from the location of your choosing. This deposit is non-refundable, but if for some reason we cannot provide your share box at the predetermined time and location it will be fully refunded. If you prefer, there is an option to pay in full at the time of ordering which is especially helpful when buying the box as a gift to be picked up by the recipient.
Finally, we encourage you to come see where your fish comes from! The Port of Ilwaco holds a Saturday market all summer long, and our share boxes will be available for pickup at any of these markets July-September. Our booth will be set up directly in front of our processing facility (and right behind the boat!) as a part of this community market. Come out and get your fish right from the source, while supporting this unique and historic port!